Rhymes and Reasons is a fun, safe place for your child to laugh, learn, create, and play. Located in South Carroll County, Maryland our center is convenient to Sykesville, Eldersburg, Finksburg, Gamber, Winfield, Taylorsville, Mt Airy, Westminster as well as Woodbine, West Friendship, Clarksville and Glenelg in Howard County MD. We provide curriculum-based activities designed to stimulate the emotional, physical, creative, social, and intellectual growth of your child. Rhymes and Reasons Child Development Center is for children ages 2-12 and offers:
- A Director on site 6:30-6:00
- Certified, caring teachers and staff
- A warm and nurturing atmosphere
- A Creative Curriculum-based program
- Fun-filled learning opportunities
- Nutritious morning and afternoon snacks
- Year-round care
- Parent involvement
- Summer Camp, including over 40 field trips!
- Convenient hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Before and after school programs with free transportation to and from local schools
Kids love our Before and After School Program. Our van will provide free transportation for your child to South Carroll County Elementary Schools including Piney Ridge Elementary, Linton Springs Elementary, Eldersburg Elementary, Winfield Elementary, Freedom Elementary or Carrolltowne Elementary.
The downstairs floor of our center contains:
- Tea Room
- Climbing Wall
- Game Area
- Entertainment Center (including TV)
- Large Art & Science Center
- Study Room
The center contains many age-appropriate rooms and is the perfect answer to your childcare concerns. From two-year-olds up to before and after school, Rhymes and Reasons Development Center is quality care for your child.
Full Day Pre-K Programs Available
With over 15 years of teaching experience, our Pre-K teacher has created a program specifically designed to prepare children to meet the kindergarten requirements set forth by the Carroll County Public School System. The program features educational lesson plans based on the Maryland Model for School Readiness which focus on the alphabet, numbers, writing skills, shapes, phonemic awareness, creativity, social studies, science, small motor skills, and gross motor development.